Content marketing is a top lead-generating marketing tactic that guides prospects to your site. Regardless of the product or service you provide, quality content has several characteristics:
- Real people (not machines) write your content using familiar language and a friendly, natural style to let your customers know you understand their pain points.
- It’s relevant and unique without repeating ideas.
- It’s easily read, with headings and bulleted paragraphs.
- It demonstrates your Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness, the Google E-A-T dimensions.
WRITING CONTENT THAT CONNECTS WITH YOUR AUDIENCE
Effective content marketing reflects a strategy focused on:
- Reaching your buyer personas, the profiles of customers most likely to buy your product or service.
- Persona descriptions include age, gender, goals, challenges, and role in the buying decision.
- Creating useful content that supports the buyer during his or her journey to making a purchase. You’ll have information to help them at each stage of their decision-making process, including:
- Identifying their needs
- Searching for solutions
- Evaluating options
- Creating a shortlist of acceptable alternatives
- Making a purchase
- Offering enjoyable, distinctive content that aligns with your brand and delivers outcomes that drive sales. A content marketing strategy often starts with a conversation between sales, marketing, product development, and leadership. The results of your discussion will help you identify the types of content you want to provide to customers, such as:
- Ebooks or whitepapers
- Case studies
- Spec sheets
- Blog posts
- Social media posts
Remember that with content marketing, quality is more valuable than quantity. Ready to broaden your outreach and deliver an excellent experience to potential customers? Reach out to our team for more information.
The Power of the WSI Network
WSI is the largest digital marketing network of its kind. We have partners and clients in every corner of the world. We have the passion and the experience to help any business do better marketing – no matter where they are.